The Random Musings of a Man

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy Anniversary

"Amanda.."
I'm not really sure whether I should be happy or sad after what has happened this weekend. On one hand, I met a girl who happens to be beautiful, smart, funny, and can make me smile at will. On the other hand I met a girl who happens to be beautiful, smart, funny, and 700 miles away from where I live...

Meeting Amanda was so much better than I could have ever imagined, I had an awesome time with her. Sure she had to bring some friends, and I didn't get to spend the time I wanted alone with her, but seeing and spending time with her was incredible. Words don't describe how I feel about her right now. I feel so lucky to have found such a beautiful, sweet, caring person like Amanda.
posted by Destructo Bill at 4:12 PM on Aug 08 2005


A year ago I was amazed that a girl like Amanda could see good things in me, and enough to come across an internationasl border, drag 2 friends along, and spend a day trying to figure out if she really liked this guy or not. I can't believe that a year has already gone by, it amazes me to think how much we've grown not only as individuals, but as a couple as well. And to see how the other people and other relationships struggle and fall apart, I would like to think that on today that I can say my love for Amanda is as strong if not stronger than ever.

It seems so strange to me that that picture is the only one that we have to mark the day, the only real keepsake, other than the mental images and happy thoughts we shared that day. I'm so glad that what I had hoped and dreamed for has come true, and so thankful that I'm still her man. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart, its been a long and eventful year, but its definitely been the best year of my life.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home