The Random Musings of a Man

Monday, May 30, 2005

Reflections on an evening

As I reflect on what made this day so special, the sacrifice of the men and women who helped keep this great nation, my eyes wander back to my post from last evening and see that that wasn't what those men and women were fighting over.

The bickering, infighting, and all out whining that myself and many others have done the past two days goes and shows myself that we all need reality checks on days like today. Today is the day we reflect upon the lost sons and daughters of families in the name of freedom. Yet we as Americans are too wrapped up in what has happened in our own little world to realise how much of our lives should be dedicated to the veterans of the wars of the past and the sacrifices that they have made.

I find it so interesting how much of the nations attentions can be diverted from current events when tragedy strikes. The nation comes together in times of crisis so well, yet divulges on its own separate ways so easily its frightening. I just hope that events of the past don't need to be repeated to unite a country for one common cause.

I ask that every one of us remember those who have lost their lives and reflect on what the real reason is that we can experience what we have on this Memorial Day 2005.

1 Comments:

  • Well said Bill! I'm glad the importance of this holiday has not been forgotten by everyone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 PM, May 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home