The Random Musings of a Man

Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Worst Race in NEXTEL Cup History

As the title says, The past race which was known as the Coca Cola 600 has been the worst race I have ever seen, ever. I've watched races since 1990 on a regular basis and this has to have been the worst one ever.

22 count em 22 yellow flags 1 red flag and over 5 hours to run a 600 mile race. There are so many cars that have wrecked, spun out, blown tires, debris cautions for what is supposed to be a show where the stars shine over a long race and these guys have driven like a sprint race.

The kicker to the race being that the 48 car winning a race he didn't deserve to win, his car wasn't even a car that could run in the top 5 but ended up being upfront when it counted.

The race ended with a great finish, but I will remember it always for the 22 yellows the red flag and a race that lasted 5 hours and 24 minutes.

Maybe I'm pissed cause Vickers took Elliott out and Kasey had tire troubles but the race was just one of the worst races I have ever witnessed. This race makes me ashamed to be a NASCAR member.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home