The Random Musings of a Man

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Family rocks!

Today and yesterday have been awesome! Its so nice being back with family after being apart for 6 months. So much that I did and so little space to tell everything.

Saturday in Richmond I spent part of the day in Jamestown and Williamsburg looking at all the colonial sights and scenery, then came back at the end of the day to Richmond International Raceway and went a couple of laps around the place in the Van that my dad was using to teach people how to drive racecars.

Today I spent showing my sister around the area while refamiliarizing myself with the area. I showed my parents my work. We followed that up with a trip to the Lake Norman State Park, and showed em all around the lake. We then drove over to Roger Penske's new race shop, which is immaculate. We followed that up with a trip past DEI on our way to Concord, and to Concord Mills, where we went shopping and Go-Karting. Finished our day up with Dinner at Outback and now I'm back here ready and waiting for a new day of school!

The coolest part of today was the Go-Karts, which were really fun, atleast until I stopped or attempted to stop. My Kart was really really quick, and I held the highline to let my sister and dad race infront of me for a while after I led early. We ended our race three wide at fullspeed with less than a carlength separating the three of us.

Everything there was really fun, me and my dad raced really hard while we let my sister lead, but I never used the brakes. Well sure enough time comes that I'm supposed to stop the Kart, it wouldn't stop. slowing down.... not slowing down...not slowing down.....NOT SLOWING DOWN....BAM!!! I think I hit my sister at about 20 and she was at a dead stop. I made sure that it was a glancing blow, but it was still a nasty hit. But all in all it was an awesome weekend, I just wish they'd happen more often.

1 Comments:

  • i'm a little late but very cool bill! glad you had a good time with your family :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home