The Random Musings of a Man

Monday, June 13, 2005

Immaturity...and some good news

I'm not always the one to talk on this subject, but today really pushed me over the edge. Freaking people pay 26,000 dollars to attend the NASCAR Technical Institute for Automotive studies and what do they do while they are there? They act like freaking two year olds! Throwing shit, shooting coins, tossing markers around the classroom was seen allaround me today, all out of the view of the teacher. Which when he returns ofcourse everything stops but the debris still remains.

I don't know if its the fact that I know I can't leave school without getting downgraded for leaving early, and missing out on lab points today, but thats what pisses me off the most. If I'm supposed to be an adult and be there ontime and do what I need to do, then damnit there should be more control over what happens in the classrooms. It seems that teachers have the ability to threaten kids with stuff, but rarely does it happen and even more rarely does it really affect someone.

I mean I don't know about you, but when all a teacher can do is say I'm lowering a grade that doesn't figure into your GPA by 4% and you can get this grade lowered 7 times before you have to retake a class. It sure seems that the kids have all the power in that situation.

On a side note today, less ranting. Bill might...key word might have a job changing rear tires for a Hooter's Pro Cup team. This is all open and very subject to change. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll know where I stand. I could sure use the extra cash for going out and playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home