The Random Musings of a Man

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Work sucks!

I'm a little pissed right now. I think I have a good reason too. I build Foam and Air Mattresses for a little company, who ships them out across the country and to Canada. Supposedly, the foam in these beds can shift during transit. Now we changed the way we bagged the beds before we boxed them to try to stop that. Even though before then there were no concerns about foam shifting and all that. Today I get chastised because I was doing my job! Evidently I can't even pick up the bed before it leaves the warehouse and is on its way to its home.

Now when you consider the hands that this thing has to go through before it gets to the home of the person who bought it. And the person getting it isn't gonna keep the thing perfectly upright before it ends up on a bed. I think that its a BS excuse to blame a person returning a bed on the foam shifting during shipping. And its not like these beds are vacuum sealed and nobody can even look into the mattress!

It woulda been alright until I got my job threatened over that reason, that it was my fault that these things were happening, and that it was my fault that business was leaving. I guess I have to go out and sell the beds too. Too bad I actually liked the work I was doing before today. Its put a sour taste in my mouth. They are nice people but today wasn't something that I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home