The Random Musings of a Man

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Road Courses..

I've never been a big fan of road courses, but I've slowly become a fan over the past year. Does that mean that I'm looking forward to todays race at Infineon raceway...absolutely now. Road Courses aren't what NASCAR Nextel Cup cars grew up on and feeding them even the two race diet every year seems very out of place. There is something that is awesome about watching light quick and agile cars run through the twisting turns of a road course that is exciting and awe inspiring. Yet watching a 3400 pound stock car struggle and slide and bounce its way around doesn't bring me much joy in watching. There are sights which can be cool, watching all 43 cars come down through turn 11 here at Infineon, or navigate the uphill esses at Watkins Glen is a sight to see, but it still doesn't provide the excitement that other roadcourse racing has provided. Does it mean I won't watch today? Absolutely not, I just don't expect much out of todays race. Watch me be suprised tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home