The Random Musings of a Man

Monday, September 19, 2005

Happy Constitution day....

Yeah, I'm not really sure where or why we had to do stuff with this today, but evidently today, September 19th is Constitution Day. Considering the hoopla, with much sarcasm intended, surrounding the 216th Birthday of the signing of the Constitution happening Saturday, you'd think everybody would know that today was Constitution Day. Much less the fact that Congress makes every school which recieves Title IV funding participate in the wonderful event. We held a wonderful program which included much sarcasm about the relevance to Swaybars and the Constitution, which I'm still trying to figure out how the two actually could possibly go together. They said educational, it had to be educational, so what is the only thing that 19 and 20 year old guys do? Thats right Crossword puzzles! Everybody loves crosswords...

On a slightly different note here, I find it amazing how we as Americans take so little interest into Politics and the history of how the country was founded to learn about what the Amendments are, and what they let or deny the government from doing. I know it wasn't the greatest thing to do today, but I definitly learned something again, but it was something that I should have learned and retained much much earlier in my educational career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home