The Random Musings of a Man

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Keep the emotions under control guys

So the more and more I watch the NASCAR Nextel Cup series I keep thinking to myself, "If I didn't know any better I'd swear this is professional wrestling." I know that my emotions have gotten out of hand in what I do, but this is the elite division of racing here in this country. I'm rather shocked at how not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 guys could do the things and be involved in the stuff they were.

I know that stuff like what has happened between the 4 guys is gonna get ratings, because TV likes to sensationalize stuff, so to a point its good for exposure for the sport. But at the expense of a fragile image that usually isn't helped by its fans, isn't right. NASCAR I'm sure will hand out stiff penalties to most of the parties involved, or all of em involved, but it still doesn't help the image of the sport.

By the way, for all the people who don't like the racing at New Hampshire, or that NASCAR racing has become boring this year, watch the race for the lead the last 20 laps again. That was some of the best racing all year, congrats to both Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart for putting on a great show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home